With the holiday season approaching, Target has made some improvements to its Price Match Policy and they go into effect today! First of all, Target has expanded the list and added 24 more stores, including Costco and Sam’s Club. Here’s the full list of competitors:
Amazon.com, Babiesrus.com, BedBathBeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, BN.com, Buybuybaby.com, Costco.com, CVS.com, Diapers.com, DicksSportingGoods.com, Drugstore.com, Gamestop.com, JCPenney.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Macys.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Samsclub.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Ulta.com, Walgreens.com, Walmart.com and Wayfair.com.
Target has also doubled the timeframe for a price adjustment to 14 days, both in stores and online at Target.com, which means, if you see a lower price, you have two full weeks to come back for the adjustment.
The complete policy can be found HERE, but here’s a few key points to remember…
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match.
- We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases. In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded.
- Price matches and adjustments will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Target or a competitor.
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
- No rainchecks will be issued for items out of stock at Target or Target.com.
- Limit of one price match per identical item per guest for online competitor matches.
- “Marketplace” prices and prices from third party sellers will not be honored.
- Cartwheel offers and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match.
- Manufacturer coupons will be applied after a price match is made per Target’s coupon policy.